Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Work

Well, it looks like I will be going back to work after all. Originally, I was supposed to be going back to work for the Prairie Conservation Forum -- which was okay because it was going to be only 15 hours a week, and from home. It turned out, however, that they didn't get enough funding (that seems to happen a lot in the field of biology!), and don't think they will have the money until January. All in all, that is okay with me because Oliver is only 6 1/2 months old. Well, the other day my very good friend called me and asked me if I was interested in working for her at Health Canada doing water sample analyses and such. She is being extremely accomodating, coming up with a work plan where I only have to be in the lab 13 hours a week and can work from home the remaining 12 hours a week (for a total of 25 hours a week). This job would be finished just before Christmas. Now don't get me wrong -- this a wonderful opportunity, but it was still a hard decision to make. I hate having to leave Oliver, even if it is only part-time work! The good thing is that my mother will be looking after the kids, and Gwen especially loves going to her house and playing with her toys. She asks to go to Grandma's house every day as it is! I expect that the coming few months will be very busy for all of us -- we'll see how well we all cope with it!

1 comment:

Blazingstar said...

Too bad!! But at least it sounds like you will have some reasonable hours to start out with.