Monday, September 8, 2008

Shock collar

Well, I thought I would give you an update on how the bark-control shock collar is working on Pharaoh. It is! It actually surprised me how well it is working! We haven't even been using it a week, and it's so quiet back there now. It's amazing. He's a sensitive dog to begin with, so one bark followed by a shock is all it takes to control him. For those of you who don't know how they work, if the dog wearing the collar barks, the collar beeps and delivers a shock. If he barks within 30 seconds of that, the intensity of the shock increases. There are six levels of shock intensity on our collar. If he doesn't bark within 30 seconds, it automatically resets back to the lowest level. Indy, our flat-coated retriever, also seems to be quieter -- and he hasn't worn the collar. I think it's because when Pharaoh gets worked up he gets Indy barking. On his own, Indy will only normally bark if a dog is going by.
So for now I hear dogs barking outside, but it isn't ours. I hope it lasts!

No comments: