Thursday, October 9, 2008

Burrs!

Is it just me, or do there seem to be way more burrs this year than the last couple of years?!? Indy is like a burr magnet -- I watch him running in the tall grass, and oh, there he goes, straight for the huge burdock bush! I've found four different sizes of burrs on him, from the small blueburrs right up to the big burdock burrs. They get especially badly tangled in his underarm fur, his chest, his tail, his wild ears... I might as well just say everywhere! And they seem especially prickly this year as well! The licorice and burdock burrs get stuck in my fingers when I pick them out. I feel I spend just as much time picking burrs out of his fur after a walk as I do walking! I feel sorry for those of you with more than one long-haired dog. Pharaoh doesn't pick up any burrs at all (thank goodness!).

No comments: