Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shopping with the kids

The other day, we went to Linen's and Things because the store is closing down and everything was on sale. Of course, it was pretty crowded in there, as is usually the case in most stores close to Christmas. Brad had Oliver in the stroller, and I had the cart and Gwen. At one point, Gwen decided to go with Brad, which was fine. He told me he had her. I was a couple of aisles down, so couldn't see them. Well, all of a sudden, across the store I hear a little voice shout out 'TOO MANY PEOPLE'! and then "MOM, WHERE ARE YOU? TOO MANY PEOPLE'! I went out into the main aisle, where I could see Brad and Oliver, but no Gwen. Of course, we do the quick exchange of 'I thought you had her' before Brad went to get her. The problem was that when Brad went to get her, he left Oliver in the middle of the aisle, all by himself! (I was still a few aisles down at that point). Geesh! I guess losing a child in a store is bound to happen at some point, but really, just because one is stuck in a stroller, don't leave him to get the other one! I guess that was the panic talking. Anyway, it was more funny than worrying, and Gwen handled it well -- she didn't start crying as many kids would. She just came back with Brad carrying a little book that she had found on her excursion.

1 comment:

Blazingstar said...

Oh my! Glad everyone is safe and not too traumatized.

I have to admit that I can empathize with Gwen - there are many times when I am close to yelling "TOO MANY PEOPLE" at this time of year!